Do you want to increase game FPS without changing the graphics card or other hardware devices? Game FPS can be increased through a FPS booster or some simple settings. Follow up with the article to increase your game FPS and enjoy better gaming experience.
Top 6 solutions to Increase Game FPS
Solution 1: Use One-Click FPS Booster
Smart Game Booster offers the one-click solution to monitor and increase FPS without upgrading the graphic card or other hardware. The one button “BOOST” will help release more RAM and end unnecessary processes quickly to boost your game FPS for better gaming experience. It will also monitor and control your CPU and GPU temperature in real time to protect your hardware devices.
Solution 2: Update Outdated Graphics Driver
Graphics driver is one of the most important conditions for boosting your game speed and maximizing your gaming performance. Outdated graphics driver influences the display of a PC game, especially when it requires high conditions. To increase your game FPS, you can check your graphics driver status and update it for better use.
- In Device Manager, unfold “Display Adapter”.
- Right click the graphics driver and update driver.
Also, you can use and Download Smart Game Booster 5 to update outdated graphics driver or audio driver in one click.
Solution 3: Disk Defrag
Defragmentation picks up all of the pieces of data that are spread across your hard drive and puts them back together again. Disk defrag helps rearrange your hard disk space for better game launch. Follow the steps to defrag your hard disk and boost game speed easily.
- Right click “Local Disk C” and choose “Properties”.
- Optimize your drives to make it run smoother.
Solution 4: Set the Power Option
Proper power option is necessary to get as high fps as possible. In Windows settings, you can change your power option into “high performance”.
- Open Control Panel and type “power options” on the upper right corner, Click on Power Options.
- The default setting is Balanced (recommended). Make sure you click on High Performance.
This is going to really help with your FPS by making the full use of the power on your PC.
Solution 5: Disable CPU core Parking
CPU core parking selects a set of processors that should stay idle and not run any threads based on the current power policy and their recent utilization. To check whether all the CPU cores are active, follow the steps.
- Hit “Win+R” keys together on the keyboard and type “msconfig”.
- Under Boot, click on Advanced option and choose a maximum number of processors.
- Hit “OK” and finish the settings.
Solution 6: Windows Performance Settings
Windows settings can also give you better PC performance to increase game FPS and boost game speed. You can change your Windows performance settings with the following steps to increase FPS.
- Open Windows start menu, choose “My Computer”;
- Right-click on the blank area in the opened window and click on “Properties”.
- Choose “Advanced System Settings”, Performance and uncheck all boxes in the list.
In this way, your gaming performance can be improved much better.
Bonus – CS GO FPS Boost
CS:GO is the first person shooter game developed by Hidden Path Entertainment and Valve Corporation. This game requires extremely high FPS for gameplay. As we all know, most professional CS:GO player always ensures they have over 200 FPS.So, how to increase the frame rate for CS:GO if you don’t have the best computer?
Method 1: Adjust PC Resolution
As we can see, many professional player play CSGO with the resolution of 1024*768 (4:3 aspect ration). On the one hand, most of them played CS 1.6 in this resolution which they have been accustomed to; On the other hand, lower resolution tend to ensure higher FPS.
Method 2: Downgrade Graphics Settings
For the smoothest performance, I recommend you to choose the following graphics settings: Remember, CS:GO is not a game which shows off its high texture quality.
Method 3: Customize Steam Launch Commands
Open STEAM Library, choose CS:GO, click on Properties, then, set launch options and write the following commands:
- novid – Removes the in-game introduction movie
- high – Starts the game in a high-priority mode
- freq x (60, 75, 120, 144, 240)Hz – Display refresh rate.
- high – Runs the game with high priority.
- threads-The number of cores or threads (if your processor supports Hyper-threading [ru.wikipedia.org]) of the processor that the game can use.
- processheap – reduce effect of bug, if game is working for too long.
- nod3d9ex – Allows you to eliminate the bug with a sharp decrease in FPS, which appears if the game is running for a long time
- noaafonts – Removes the smoothing of fonts.
- nojoy – Removes gamepad / joystick support.
- lv -Runs the game in reduced cruelty mode.
- exec autoexec – Runs a .cfg file with commands to boost FPS
Up to here, we have introduced some methods to increase game FPS, also the tips for boosting CS:GO FPS. You can choose the way you like to improve your PC performance and boost game speed.
For one-click CS:GO FPS booster, try Smart Game Booster. It helps to increase CS:GO FPS and show CS:GO FPS in game, which gives you better gaming experience!